Sunday, July 8, 2007

Easter's over, but the laughs aren't...

I was telling Amburger about this story, so I thought I'd throw it on here so you could all read it--what a great Easter!!
Last weekend (Easter Sunday), my friend Dave and his two little girls went to Jacob's Well with us, and when it came time for the Lord's yum-yums, we all went down front, and Micah took the oldest girl with him--she's 7--and it went on without a hitch. Dave and little Mariah came with me--she's 5--so we get up there, Dave and I break off a piece of bread and dip it in the cup, and eat it. Well, now it's Mariah's turn...she tears off a little piece of bread and drops it in the cup, and starts to walk off!! I am already laughing so hard--and I know we are remembering the sacrifice of our Lord, but that's funny. So we call her back and say, "Mariah, you just dip the bread in the juice before you eat it. Go ahead and give it another try." And the guy holding these symbols of our Savior--he's laughing too. So Mariah steps up to the plate, breaks off another portion of bread and drops it in the cup again!! And as soon as she does it, she looks up at us with a quizzical and proud look on her face, like, "There, I did it that time--let's go--go Jesus!" And by now...I am laughing so hard!! And we're in front of church, and it's somber-this, somber-that, but whatever--it's Easter--it's a celebration!! And I am dying--so is Dave; so is the guy doing the serving!! So Dave takes her little hand and gets one last piece, helps her dip it, and brings it to her mouth. She locked her lips up like Fort Knox in it's prime and shook her head--she wasn't havin' it!! So Dave got a double helping of Jesus that day, and we all got a quadruple helping of Easter hillarity!! And we have pretty much laughed about that every day since then!! Oh...incredible!!

No comments: