Sunday, July 8, 2007

Unbelievable

Today, my friend Justin and I went to a church up north of KC, and the most ridiculous thing happened--definitely the craziest thing I've seen in a while!! It was amazing...we decided we were gonna check out some churches around here to see if there would be one in the area that we could get involved with. So we went to this church up north that was a fine church. It was really laid-back, and seemed to be friendly and family oriented. So we're doing a little worship with the crowd there, when the time for the offering came around. So, the music minister, a guy in his late 30s / early 40s gets up there and proceeds to sing.....are you ready for this?! "HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW" by Toby Keith!! We almost lost our minds!! Justin and I looked at each other, and I have a HUGE grin on my face--so I'm looking around to see if anyone else thinks this is the craziest thing to ever happen under a church roof. Nope--people are nodding their heads and/or singing along..."How do you like me now...now that I'm on my way?!" I couldn't stop the amazement, but I knew I had to stop smiling so big or these folks may think that the visitor is mocking their church. So I squashed it back, but it was, possibly, the hardest thing I've ever done!! So we're thinking--well, maybe the pastor's gonna tie this into SOMETHING. But how could this song possibly be linked to Jesus...the Savior of the world?! Well, it CAN'T!! The sermon was on the characteristics of a leader, and there was no mention of Toby Keith...or his bar & grill. But seriously, it was amazing, and I couldn't believe it was happening in real life....RIGHT THEN!! It happened and we got to see it!! I was so glad that we went to that church on this glorious day!! And I want to get settled into a church, but that made me want to visit every church in Kansas City just to see if there was crazy stuff going on in other churches that I would never expect. And we've decided that this may not be the church that we will call our home, but we will be calling the church office every week to find out which country song will be the "offeratory hymn." AMAZING!! I just had to share that with y'all...just think about it. HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW!!

No comments: